Google
 

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The reception





Some days ago Jaques Chirac, the French President "de la Republique" visited Wuhan, which is said to be the most french-speaking city in China. He gave a reception for all french citizens living in Wuhan. I learnt that I was invited on the 27th - the day of the reception. (As I am Russian I thought there was no way for me to get there.)
To look up to the official standard I went to the hairdresser's and had my head massaged, my hair washed, cut, dryed and modelled for 0,7$!!! I decided to go to the hairdresser's every week, as it's very cheap. In Russia all these I would get for 30$ minimum.
The "event" was happening in a Shangri-La hotel. The security checked our bags, asked us to make a proof picture with our cameras, to show they were no device of evil.
We waited 2 hours for the president to finally show up.
At last he appeared with his wife and some french ministers (J.P. Raffarin-on his World Tour, D'Ouste Blazy and others). He read a short speech, we listened to the Marseillaise and then he headed to people, just where we were standing. He shook our hands and said "Bonjour".
That was actually all. Then we had snacks (very very small in size and little in quantity) but got the chance to eat real chocolate which is so dificult to find in Wuhan...
Orelena
P.S: (oui, votez!)
There was also free Champagne and Beer for all of us!...so the evening didn't prove to be so disappointing after all.
It is also interesting to note that Mr Chirac was called "Son excellence" and that he forgot to mention even the name of L'Alliance Francaise de Wuhan, which was a pretty expected event since we are the third biggest Alliance of China and that all french teachers had showed up to the invitation... Si le Canard Enchaine etait la...
Orelena

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a little bit too much, this F.R.A.N.C.E, isn't it ?

Locations of visitors to this page