Google
 

Monday, December 18, 2006

Weekends

We were lucky this time, we both had Friday, Saturday and Sunday free. Days are beautiful, the sun is shining and the sky is blue! You need to move, to go out and enjoy this rare sunshine. That's what we did.
We visited a wuhanese site - Mo Shan Hills, a park in the center of the city. Actually, it's not an acient site, it's construction was finished just several years ago. They have to make up something, otherwise there is nothing to see in Wuhan :)) The park is big and surprisingly clean. It's surrounded by East Lake. The view from the highest point of the hill is impressive!
On Sunday we went to Mulan Shan. You know the Disney cartoon "Mulan"? So, she lived just two hours away from Wuhan. The college where I work organised this trip. We didn't even have to pay for anything! For lunch we had chinese barbecue: meat seemed not cooked but tasted very good, they make great barbecue sauce! We also fried eggplants and steamed bread.
From Mulan Shan

Climbing mountains wasn't difficult, because you have to walk on the stairs. This is so uncommon for me, in Russia the nature is wild, you know... When we finally got on the top, we discovered a beautiful view, there was a lake! We enjoyed this day very much. I got to know my chinese colleagues better. I only knew 4 out of 53 before the trip! It's because foreign teachers don't take part in the department's meetings and we are never in the office.
There are more pictures of these trips on my site. You can check!
Now that the week has started I have to go again to my freezing classrooms..... There is only a month to wait until winter holidays!
OreLENA.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super votre blogue! continuez a nous donner des nouvelles! On pense souvent a vous!

Tony et Inna

Jack said...

I hope you have a nice Chirstmas and New Years also. This is the only time of year I sort of wish I could be home for. It is ok though, the holidays will pass and then we will enjoy being abroad again. Best wishes man.

Locations of visitors to this page