Google
 

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Art in Prague (7) : Josef Vachal

Josef Vachal has been my most interesting find in the museums I visited in Czech Republic.
I even ended up buying a book with some of his work. He takes you into a very tormented world, which echoes somehow the mental turbulence of Edvard Munch.
Here are two of his works that were in the Prague National Gallery, I am very sorry for the very bad photographs. I can't believe I took such lazy shots.





This one, I borrowed from the wonderful czech site dedicated to Josef Vachal: http://www.vachal.cz/.
I saw the original in the Modern Art Museum of Hradec Kralove. A beautiful museum that I very highly recommend.
Josef Vachal - Invokers of the devil

The original is of course MUCH more impressive. The whole frame is engraved and it's real hit in the stomach.
Go and visit the afore mentionned site, it's really complete and has got plenty photographs of his work.


Next "Art in Prague"-22/09/08

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page