Google
 

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Drinking China 2

Well, here we are, a week later and still no internet at home...
I am now taking a few minutes at work to try to post some message on the blog, and it's time to talk about...
Soft drinks!
As said previously, you really have a huge panel to chose from.
Cold coffes, Cold teas (nothing to do with the chemical and over sugary Nesteas and Ice Teas we've got back home), jelly things, funny fruit juices (tried yesterday Strawberry-Tomato) and so many more things I wouldn't dare give a name.
Although many are chemically charged, many are also really delicious.I always said that I had never found a soft drink that I really loved (The now deceased Liptonic had come close) but here I am really delighted.
Some cold fruit flavoured milks are really perfect and healthy.
Then, there's also fresh Coconut juice, peanut milk and many more weird natural energetic drinks that will keep your palate excited for months.
Amongst the drinks worth mentioning because they look funny, taste funny (when not simply awful), you'll find very colourful drinks in which swim small balls and pieces of fruit.
Well, you think they're pieces of fruit before you've tried them...Because they seem actually completely chemical. See the two pictures.
****
What else can I say?
The military training for the freshmen is over in our University but still going on in many city University, and that's always quite impressive to see so many people in uniform...
Lucy is still haunting our window, looking after her "Ootheque", which, according to a page I found on the net, will blossom and give birth to about 60 baby praying mantis...
That is an extremely delightful thought when you think of how much insectophobiac I am and how big the holes are between the window and the bedroom. Anyway, I am not planning to kick her out of our balcony because:
A-I've always said that 'inside the house belongs to me, but the outside-including the balcony-belongs to mother nature and all of her creatures.
B-I started to really adopt Lucy, I even happen to think i would miss her if she left...
C-I am far too scared to kick her out.

Ok, what more? i want to thank everyone for the comments and mails, I am very sorry I don't answer very fast but that doesn't mean I forget you. Actually, that blog is for you too.
See you soon, Orel

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page