Google
 

Sunday, April 29, 2007

(We're back!) On the train


We're now in the train for Shanghai, an hour or two before arrival. This is the first time I actually use a computer in a train and that sure feels weird to be able to type and write nearly anywhere. (For those who don't know, I am now the proud owner of a black MacBook!)
I hope this will actually change some things and maybe make us post more?
We've been absent from the blog for a really long time and we've been really busy working. For some reason, I've been and am still constantly exhausted. Maybe because of the season, i don't know. The weather changes very fast and we go from pleasantly hot days to rainy and cold days.
Anyway...
I've bought a second hand bike, so I could ride to work everyday but it's been having problems with regular flat tyres and has now actually lost a pedal so it's actually spending more time in our living room than on the road.
---
Last sunday, French have been voting the first tour for their President. That includes me, having the chance to have a French Consulate in Hankou. That felt a little strange to go and vote for my country so far away from it and all the buzz that elections are creating.
This year, these elections are actually really important and worrysome. I really don't think I would like what Sarkozy would turn France into if he was elected. He is a dangerous man for freedom of expression and for equality between men... Unfortunately, it seems he is on good way to win these elections. I am not sure French are ready to vote massively for a woman, and especially one that hasn't been as careful in her words as some would have wanted...
Anyway, next Sunday we will know better.
---
Now we are heading to Shanghai for one week holidays, that will be nice to take break but I also want it to be really relaxing break, I need a rest.
Ok, that's all for today...
See you soon,
ORElena

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page